Wednesday, February 11, 2009

post 9

5
1.I don't agree with these motives because history explains what mad your country what it is now.
2.We read Uncle Tom's cabin in my history class.
3.Not everyone will agree with absolutely everything that is happening or with peoples decisions.
4.I think that there would still be two sides to a question.
5.I don't know why they don't speak of war.

4
1. Do they not have funerals?
2.How were the families supposed to grieve if 5 minutes after their loved ones death?
3.Why do they not want controversial books if these books help people see what happened and the dangers of what they are doing?
4.Does this tie into the fact that they didn't like people knowing about history?

3
1.quibble-an instance of the use of ambiguous, prevaricating, or irrelevant language or arguments to evade a point at issue.
2.incinerators-One that incinerates, especially an apparatus, such as a furnace, for burning waste.
3.queer-strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different; singular: a queer notion of justice.

1
1.In these pages Beatty was explaining to Montag all of the rules of decorum that everyone followed.

No comments: